Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is there room for a D400 - Photography life asks?

Lunastar

Mankato, US
4012 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is there room for a D400 - Photography life asks?"

Lunastar Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning a Nikonians Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010
Tue 26-Feb-13 02:53 AM | edited Tue 26-Feb-13 12:35 PM by Lunastar

I seriously think Nikon will introduce a D400. Too many shooters-wildlife and sports and outdoor/sports journalists are clamoring for it. I'd take a D400 with say a 16-20 MP sensor, higher ISO capabilities, 8 FPS and the same control layout (including a dedicated AF-ON buttonn!) as my D300's as I can run them in total darkness.

I could get by with a D800 but the slow frame rate and giant files are drawbacks as I and other photojournalist types would prefer the above higher burst rate and manageable file sizes.

Of course, a D4 would also work but 6,000.00 is a bit much for some folks, amateur or pro. Especially, when you need 2 bodies. Heck, my local paper's photogs were issued gripped D300's not D3's and they are impatiently waiting for D400's, too!

Nikon created this DX semi-pro D3/D4 niche so, lets hope they stay with it! I hope they aren't saying you need to buy a 6000.00 D4 if you want the above camera characteristics!

If Nikon comes out with a D400 and a new AF-S 80-400 lens they will fly off the shelves! The most common body/lens combo I see on wildlife outings is Canon 7D and 100-400 lens. I swear they are everywhere. And, it is a great combo as many pros make impressive livings with that set up with a small investment of only 3000.00 or so!

Mark

www.mercuryoutdoorcommunications.com

This is a hot, active topic! Is there room for a D400 - Photography life asks? [View all] , richardd300 Silver Member , Fri 22-Feb-13 05:02 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is there room for a D400 - Photography life asks?