Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is there room for a D400 - Photography life asks?

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is there room for a D400 - Photography life asks?"

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Mon 25-Feb-13 06:19 PM

<<While a D400 is a possibility (it is until is isn't as they say), and I have been highly dubious of it ever appearing (in fact my opinion is it will never happen), I would state with the most confidence I have in any projection on this issue that it would have to be cheaper than the D600.>>

I disagree. I have long been posting new threads talking about the possible demise of DX and I have to say I admit that I may have been wrong. In addition, comparing the D600 with a possible D400, is like comparing apples with oranges in my view. Also and against my past feeling, I now believe a D400 may now still be a possibility.

Cost: If it does arrive I would pitch it's price between the cost of a D600 and a D800, in other words a semi-pro DX, not a high level consumer model like the D7100. If those awaiting a D400 want a D800 body + all the functionality + xx fps etc, that's the price they'll pay. I also believe that it would sell very well. World wide there are so many folks almost praying for a D400 and until I bought my D800 I was one of them. However with the D800 lack of fps and despite the 16Mp DX crop it will not perform satisfactorily for many wildlife and sports photographers. Personally I would be unlikely to buy a D400 now as my mix of D7000 and D800 suits me adequately for now at least .

<<BTW as to the link suggesting that Nikon Europe said that Nikon was not meaning to say that the D7100 is the top end DX camera, as I pointed out in another thread, what would you expect Nikon to say - they are still selling the D300s as the top dog in North America. >>

The point here is that Nikon USA said one thing and Europe stated another on their websites.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

This is a hot, active topic! Is there room for a D400 - Photography life asks? [View all] , richardd300 Silver Member , Fri 22-Feb-13 05:02 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is there room for a D400 - Photography life asks?