Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is there room for a D400 - Photography life asks?

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4573 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is there room for a D400 - Photography life asks?"

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Sun 24-Feb-13 10:30 AM | edited Sun 24-Feb-13 10:37 AM by richardd300

I do agree Dave, and for me it would have AF-ON and the 10 pin socket.

Being able to delay shutter activation by minutes rather than seconds is important to me. The D7100, and sadly the D800, can only be self timed with it set to 2 s, 5 s, 10 s, 20 s; With the MC-36 being an intervalometer I can set it to countdown and not have to hold the shutter and look at a stopwatch. Important if taking 2 minute exposures with mult-istop ND filters.

As for the AF-ON button I do not want to make compromises by changing button functions such as AE/AF lock to AF-ON, I want both. In fact I want a camera that mimics the layout and set up exactly as the D800. When I had the D300 the upgrade to the D700 made life easy, likewise the D700 to D800 step up was the same with some additions in control layout and functionality, seamless.

If what I want costs extra money, this is a price I would willing pay if a D400 was on my list. However, I would not want compromises on a semi pro DX, and 16Mp would be fine

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

This is a hot, active topic! Is there room for a D400 - Photography life asks? [View all] , richardd300 Silver Member , Fri 22-Feb-13 05:02 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is there room for a D400 - Photography life asks?