Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Print 24x36 from D300 photo

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10544 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Print 24x36 from D300 photo"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Tue 19-Feb-13 07:14 PM

Knowing that your final output is canvas, you will need to allow for the edges. With large canvas prints you'll need 1-1 1/2" inches on each side for the edges. That means your final image will need to be 27x39 inches leaving 1 1/2 inches on each side.

Edges can be mirrored or wrapped depending on your preference and the type of canvas mounting. I found mirrored images work well.

I know this is being picky about detail, but in larger prints the defects are increased in size to the point where they are easily noticed. You have enough detail in the file for a good print if you handle it correctly. If you are making a large canvas print, you want it to be first rate work and you really don't want to re-do it.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

A topic tagged as in need of help Print 24x36 from D300 photo [View all] , phillipsjosh2415 , Mon 18-Feb-13 12:20 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Print 24x36 from D300 photo