Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Camera storage low temperature limits

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3574 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Camera storage low temperature limits"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Mon 25-Mar-13 05:53 AM

How much gear are you taking where you have to check camera bags? If valuable gear is really needed to be taken and it exceeds the carry-on limit the normal process is to buy another ticket. When has not been possible, I have given up my seat and took the 2 day train ride instead. Of all the easily identified x-ray'ed items that pose the highest risk of theft it has to be photographic gear. I have flown many countries, 86 so far, and the most losses have occurred when originating in US TSA controlled airports.
Regarding small jets and climate controlled holds, they all have controlled environments, by regulation. But regional jets are not that small. A small jet was my Citation II that even had a controlled hold. If at all possible (if you have theft prone gear), reduce the size and weight and carry it on. There are many regions of the world where i can't take my full lens bag on a plane due to weight.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Camera storage low temperature limits [View all] , AZ Nikon Silver Member , Tue 05-Feb-13 03:08 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Camera storage low temperature limits