Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
frg7700

UK
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Dead D200"

frg7700 Registered since 27th Jan 2013
Sun 27-Jan-13 03:11 PM

I've just purchased a second user D300 to replace my faithful and much abused D200 which gave up the ghost last weekend.

Just before I consign the old body to the metaphorical bin (and quite possibly the actual bin!) I'd like to check with the more knowledgable that there's nothing else reasonable that I can do with it.

In short, the body doesn't meter at all, always showing full deflection U/E. If the shutter is actuated nothing at all is written to card. Not even a blank or black image. Tried numerous cards, green button reset etc. Body still formats cards and if connected to a computer the computer can read the card in the camera body.

I'm assuming a sensor fault and an (economic) write off?

A general, generic topic Dead D200 [View all] , frg7700 , Sun 27-Jan-13 02:11 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Dead D200