Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 USB cable (probably stupid question)

cliddell

Pietermaritzburg, ZA
1023 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D300 USB cable (probably stupid question)"

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006
Fri 18-Jan-13 03:07 PM

Not stupid at all!

I discovered that not all "standard" USB to USB cords are the same. I needed to charge a small 4.5 volt screwdriver and to increase the amperage I paralleled two USB bluetooth helmet intercom chargers.

For part of my scheme I used two short (6") USB to USB cords that I had lying around. I wondered why the drill was not charging and found that the two short USB to USB did not carry current.

I have other longer USB extension leads which work perfectly so needless to say I modified my charging circuit and all's well now.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D300 USB cable (probably stupid question) [View all] , marnigirl Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Wed 16-Jan-13 05:32 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 USB cable (probably stupid question)