Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How do I set the D300s to use the lens aperture ring?

gpoole

Farmington Hills, US
4132 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: How do I set the D300s to use the lens aperture ring?"

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004
Wed 12-Dec-12 02:04 PM

Note that you do not have to change the CSM setting to use the aperture ring with MF lenses. The setting only applies to AF (CPU) lenses with aperture rings because there is a choice between using the command dial or the aperture ring to set aperture.

There is one quirk of using the aperture ring with the D300, I don't know if it is also the case with a D300s. LiveView will not work with AF lenses that have aperture rings, if the aperture ring is enabled. The aperture ring on manual focus lenses works fine with with LiveView, but AF lenses must be used with the aperture ring disabled for LiveView.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA.
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

A topic tagged as having a question How do I set the D300s to use the lens aperture ring? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Tue 11-Dec-12 04:28 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How do I set the D300s to use the lens aperture rin...