Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
RABaker

Sunnyvale, US
731 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Battery pack"

RABaker Registered since 01st Oct 2003
Tue 11-Dec-12 04:24 PM

Walli,

I have borrowed a battery grip for my D200 on a few occasions and found that I do not care for the extra bulk and weight. I like the fact that I can keep shooting longer with the two batteries installed, and the fact that the burst rate is higher, but these benefits are not enough for me to be willing to put up with the extra weight and bulk that the grip also brings. Whether a photographer needs (or wants) the battery grip is largely a matter of shooting style and personal preferences. Many prefer the feel and handling of the camera with the battery grip and others do not. Many need the higher frame rate for certain kinds of shooting and others do not.

If you feel that your shooting may benefit from the battery grip, I suggest you borrow one or rent one to try it out. If you don't have a local shop that rents photo equipment you can find them at places like LensRentals.com for a pretty reasonable rate:
http://www.lensrentals.com/rent/nikon/accessories/batteries-chargers/nikon-mb-d10-battery-grip

Good luck,
Richard

A general, generic topic Battery pack [View all] , Walli , Tue 11-Dec-12 01:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Battery pack