Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 cleaning and check-out + lens repair

AZ Nikon

Oro Valley, US
204 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D300 cleaning and check-out + lens repair"

AZ Nikon Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd May 2004
Fri 07-Dec-12 10:14 PM

I sent my D300 camera into Nikon for a sensor cleaning and general check-out. At the same time, I sent my Nikkor 18-200 zoom lens in for repair (the right side of the image seemed slightly out of focus compared to the left side of the image).

I finally had a chance to check out both camera and lenses today, and the image from the D300 just doesn't seem to be as sharp as it was before going in for repair. When focusing on a specific subject, it doesn't seem crisp, but the area slightly behind the desired focus point seems to be in focus. Am I suffering from back-focus?

When placing a different lens on the D300, it too seems to render slightly out of focus images.

Also, when I put the 18-200 zoom lens on another Nikon camera (D70), that image appears to be sharper than the image on the D300.

Could something have happened to the D300 camera during the check-out process or I am looking strictly at a lens issue? Are there specific tests when interchanging lenses and cameras that could help isolate the problem. Or is it me?

AZ Nikon

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D300 cleaning and check-out + lens repair [View all] , AZ Nikon Silver Member , Fri 07-Dec-12 09:14 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 cleaning and check-out + lens repair
Reply message RE: D300 cleaning and check-out + lens repair