Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Do I really want/need a pro level DX body?

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
William Symonds

Bogor, ID
1559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Do I really want/need a pro level DX body?"

William Symonds Registered since 22nd Jan 2007
Mon 24-Dec-12 10:37 PM | edited Tue 25-Dec-12 12:26 AM by William Symonds

George

Disclosure - I get up so fed up waiting for a D400 that I looked into the D600 and concluded that it was for me - but that reflected my collection of FX primes and the sort of stuff I do. Was I fed up with the dial mode - a bit but I soon got over it, and the construction is just fine - I do not miss the weight of the D300 at all.

I do hope you get the D400 - the wait is almost over, but supposing that there is no D400, and all you get is a D8000 with an astonishing DX sensor, blazing pace and broadcast quality video then in my honest opinion you would be missing a big trick if you overlooked it on account of not having a full metal body, or because it has "scene modes".

You may also find that a putative D8000 would be updated far sooner than a putative D400.

Merry Christmas!

W i l l

Nikonian in Bogor, West Java
www.willsymonds.com
www.willsymonds.blogspot.com
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=123586

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot topic  It has been locked by a team member Do I really want/need a pro level DX body? [View all] , JCY88 , Sat 24-Nov-12 12:41 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Do I really want/need a pro level DX body?