Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Do I really want/need a pro level DX body?

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
N80

Rock Hill, US
8786 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Do I really want/need a pro level DX body?"

N80 Silver Member Charter Member
Mon 24-Dec-12 06:40 PM

It is sort of amusing, and to me a bit sad, that quite a few of the replies here simply suggest that those of us who want a pro-level DX body should just buy and use something altogether different from a pro-level DX body. And with the broad range of Nikon bodies available it is understandable and predictable that people would do this.

And if what a good many of us were asking for was something absurd then it would be even more understandable.

But we aren't. We're asking for the next logical progression in an established, very successful line of Nikon bodies.

The fact that others like and use the FX format or that others find plastic bodies cluttered with 'scene' selections capable and durable is beside the point. And to suggest that we purchase older FX bodies is a bit ridiculous. When it comes time for me to drop $2000 I don't want yesterday's technology even if it is better than what I already have.

Pro style body. DX format. Latest technology. That's all we're asking.

And to date I have always felt like Nikon has provided me with just the right camera, at just the right price and generally at just the right time. This is the first time I do not feel this way.

I've begun looking at the D800 again and it is, in my opinion, the only logical path. Not the D7000. Not the D3 or the D4. And not the D600! Sadly, the D800 will have me spending far more than I can/should afford and it will come with the added expense of lens upgrades (to FX) and even worse, computer upgrades to handle the larger (than needed) file sizes.

George Barron

My Nikonians Gallery is here:
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1091

This is a hot topic  It has been locked by a team member Do I really want/need a pro level DX body? [View all] , JCY88 , Sat 24-Nov-12 12:41 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Do I really want/need a pro level DX body?