Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Larry443

Frederick, MD, US
20 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Sell or keep?"

Larry443 Registered since 11th Jul 2012
Tue 04-Dec-12 08:23 AM | edited Tue 04-Dec-12 08:25 AM by Larry443

>Hi fellow members, my dilemma is I have a nikon D200 in mint
>condition.
>I just purchased a D600 and just can't seem to sell the D200
>at the ridiculously
>Low prices people are selling them for. Do you think $300 is a
>low price for such a solid camera as the D 200 is? Interested
>what you guys would do if you had upgraded and had a spare
>body to sell?

Given your comments, I'd definitely keep it.

Do I think $300 is a low price? Not really. It's old technology and I can't see it ever being a collectible. Not long ago I picked up my D200 in what appeared to me to be pristine condition, without box and minor items like caps, and I got it for $499. But it had less than 3000 shutter actuations. At the time I thought it was a good deal. And it probably was. But consider now that I could get essentially the same thing for $300. That's a 40% drop in less than 1 year.

I've considered buying a new digital camera, but just can't do it for this very reason. The initial outlay is just too much. And there's just too much depreciation within the first 1-2 years. However, that is the world we live in. And the price you pay for trying to keep up with technology. We've all done it.

Sell or keep? Definitely keep it. You said it yourself, you think $300 is a ridiculously low price considering how solid the camera is. It will probably give you many more years of service, so why not keep it? If nothing else, in the event that you must ever send your new camera in for service, you'll have the D200 to fall back on.

Sorry for your disappointment.

A general, generic topic Sell or keep? [View all] , misunda Silver Member , Tue 20-Nov-12 07:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Sell or keep?