Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
BR

Glen Mills, US
542 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Sell or keep?"

BR Registered since 17th Nov 2006
Mon 26-Nov-12 12:34 AM

That's the problem with digital cameras - they lose resale value rather quickly as newer ones come to market. I had a D70 sitting around that I rarely used and decided to sell it. I only got $150 for it, including batteries, cables etc. I had similar misgivings as it was after all a fully functional camera but in the end decided to sell to simplify my kit.

The resale prices you are seeing are not surprising since for not too much more one can buy a brand new, current low-end camera with improved features. For instance, on B&H right now you can get a brand new D3100 with 18-50mm VR lens for less than $500. Given that, how much should a used D200 be worth?

I agree with the suggestions of others that is good to have a backup camera.

Barry

A general, generic topic Sell or keep? [View all] , misunda Silver Member , Tue 20-Nov-12 07:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Sell or keep?