Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Image deterioration over time???

Stradibarrius

Monroe, US
1429 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Image deterioration over time???"

Stradibarrius Registered since 17th Mar 2007
Mon 12-Nov-12 11:59 AM

This may seem like a strange question but it is the first time I have ever noticed this issue.

I just returned from a trip to Spain and Portugal. I took my D300 and my F100 and it seems that as time goes on the images from my D300 become more "iffy". Where the shots from the F100 seem to produce more keepers?

My question is, does image quality begin to slip as a digital camera ages? The D300 only has about 7K clicks on it and I bought it new from B&H.
I know that many "Pro" photographers have thousands of shots on digital bodies. Any ideas why I would "seem" to get better images under similar or exactly the same shooting conditions with the F100 over the D300???

Could it be something that needs adjusting in the camera. My first guess would be the photographer...ME. But when I have the two cameras at the same location and achieve different results, the photographer is the same.

www.barrydudley.com

"Generalizations are made because they are Generally true"

visit my gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius

A general, generic topic Image deterioration over time??? [View all] , Stradibarrius , Mon 12-Nov-12 10:59 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Image deterioration over time???