Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can anyone HELP me with this Video playback?????

Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Can anyone HELP me with this Video playback?????"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Tue 13-Nov-12 02:39 PM

Harold. The root directory is like the drive designation on your computer, like C: It is the highest level of the drive.

When you add an application a new directory is made and when you run the application it looks for the files in that directory and not on C:

The same is true of the CF card where the camera puts your files. The CF card is a drive and it contains directories where the camera saves the image files. If the files aren't put back in the same directory it came from the camera won't be able to find the files.

When I put the CF card into my card reader my desktop shows the card as Nikon D300.

If I double click the Nikon D300 drive it opens and shows a directory DCIM. This directory is located in the root directory of the card.

If I double click the DCIM directory another directory appears called 100ND300.

If I double click the 100ND300 directory all my image files appear. That's also where your video files should be.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Can anyone HELP me with this Video playback????? [View all] , aaatruck74 Silver Member , Mon 12-Nov-12 01:15 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Can anyone HELP me with this Video playback?????