Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

R06 Code and Remote Cable Shutter Release

DannyU

Kenai, US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"R06 Code and Remote Cable Shutter Release"

DannyU Registered since 01st Nov 2012
Thu 01-Nov-12 05:57 AM

Cheers! Hopefully somebody can aid me with an issue I'm experieincing... I've read through some of the forum topics with regards to the r06 code and buffering. I shoot the Northern Lights a lot utilizing a Nikon MC30 remote shutter release cord. The last time I was up on the north slope and photographing the Aurora, my remote cable ceased functioning. I'd never noticed the r06 code but it popped up and my shutter wouldn't release. I noticed there was a slight crimp in the cord from getting caught between the legs of my tripod. I ordered a brand new MC30 shutter release cord and am enduring the same situation. I thought I had damaged one of the wires but the new cord does not seem to be the answer. The prong receiver on the body itself feels solid and there are no broken off prongs or anything of that nature. Is it probable that something internally in the body is damaged hence the lack of functionality with the remote cord? My memory cards are both high speed, quality cards and the bulb feature works when I press my finger on the shutter. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

A general, generic topic R06 Code and Remote Cable Shutter Release [View all] , DannyU , Thu 01-Nov-12 04:57 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: R06 Code and Remote Cable Shutter Release