Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Camera transmits on RF frequencies!

blw

Richmond, US
28578 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Camera transmits on RF frequencies!"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Wed 31-Oct-12 07:01 PM

The lens in question was the 180/f2.8 AFD, which has no VR and doesn't even have AFS. I have used this lens on other cameras with the scanner in operation, so no I don't think it moves with the lens. I don't think I have enough information to tell which part of the operation is the part creating the EMF "shriek."

I could probably figure out which frequency it was. It was certainly a railroad frequency as that's all I have programmed into my scanner. It is not one of CSX's normal frequencies, which is why I noticed after a while. I was in the middle of nowhere (Moss Run, VA) and there are no railroads other than CSX for miles. Yet I kept getting a non-CSX frequency scanned, and full of static nonetheless! Finally I realized that it was catching every time I tried to take a picture, and then...

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Camera transmits on RF frequencies! [View all] , blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas , Mon 29-Oct-12 02:01 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Camera transmits on RF frequencies!