Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Finding a Compatable CF card for Nikon D200

amberswd

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Finding a Compatable CF card for Nikon D200"

amberswd Registered since 29th Oct 2012
Mon 29-Oct-12 04:42 PM

Thank you all for the suggestions. On one discussion forum I found, somebody mentioned that almost any card would work, just at the time the largest card produced was 8gigs.

At this point I am looking for something that works. I do not mind it being a fast card especially if I am going to be upgrade. If it works that is all that matters.

And I am not going to purchase a card that holds 8-16 gigs and only keep 289 images on there. I am making a point that I would rather have a max of 8 gigs, and hold several cards that way during a 10 hour, 3 day shoot, I would only risk losing (god forbid if it happens) less than 500 images rather than lose a whole days worth of work.

Especially when shooting weddings I would rather take the 5 seconds to change cards than lose an entire wedding on one or two cards.

Also everytime I purchase a card I take a couple of random shots, upload to my Mac, format it and do it again with different formats and a few times to ensure that the card does work.

With the Lexar cards I purchased it only failed when running this test. Sadly I purchased them at B&H and they were very courteous about exchanges. Bess them all.

Thank you so much.

Any more suggestions is helpful.

One question sparks my mind is what is the difference between the Extreme III and Extreme SD cards?

A topic tagged as in need of help Finding a Compatable CF card for Nikon D200 [View all] , amberswd , Mon 29-Oct-12 12:12 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Finding a Compatable CF card for Nikon D200