Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 "black" frames and underexposures..

blw

Richmond, US
28563 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: D200 "black" frames and underexposures.."

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Wed 31-Oct-12 08:47 AM

I'm afraid that a shutter replacement - that's what this almost certainly is - usually runs about $450, and for some reason that doesn't seem to depend much on which camera is involved. The D7k does not clear twice as fast. I think your best bet is a used D300. I think you'll find that it is rather better suited to your needs than a D7k, in terms of frame rate, control system, and AF performance. Low light performance is at least as good. Don't let the fact that it is "older" or "obsolete" obscure the fact that it is a top-line machine.

One of my friends is a working pro that shoots a D300 interchangeably with a D3 - and he does motorsports. He routinely shoots very long sequences.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic D200 "black" frames and underexposures.. [View all] , weavermt , Tue 23-Oct-12 04:09 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D200 "black" frames and underexposures..