Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 non NIKON batteries..

RABaker

Sunnyvale, US
731 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D200 non NIKON batteries.."

RABaker Registered since 01st Oct 2003
Sun 21-Oct-12 06:12 PM

I agree with CharlieS. I have read too many tales of woe from users of aftermarket batteries. I do own one such battery that I bought before reading very much about them and I consider myself fortunate that it has given fairly good service for the past year or so. It claimed to have slightly higher capacity than the Nikon battery, but actually delivers between 10% to 15% *fewer* shots. At least it has not caused any other significant issues. I know that Nikon batteries cost more, but part of what you are paying for is the added quality control. For me, at least, that provides some peace of mind.

By the way, I never go out shooting without at least one backup battery. A DSLR with a dead/faulty battery is just an expensive doorstop.

Good luck,
Richard

A topic tagged as having a question D200 non NIKON batteries.. [View all] , Doctordetroitauto , Sun 21-Oct-12 01:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D200 non NIKON batteries..