Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Slow sync flash question

avm247

Rancho Cordova, US
18758 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Slow sync flash question"

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Sat 20-Oct-12 04:40 AM

Yes, slow sync will control either the built in flash of an accessory speedlight in the hotshoe.

Why are you using slow sync in bright light? Slow sync lowers the shutter speed to slower than 1/60s, meaning you really risk over exposure of the ambient light and the flash exposure may result in lost highlights.

Just use regular flash sync of TTL-BL and you should be okay. If in doubt, and you just need a little fill, the pop up should be okay. (In that scenario, I use Program mode and the on-board flash with my film camera or D700; on my F100, I use an accessory speedlight - SB28 or SB30)

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

A general, generic topic Slow sync flash question [View all] , clocke Silver Member , Sat 20-Oct-12 02:05 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Slow sync flash question