Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Do you shoot video with your D300s?

WildIsle

CA
647 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Do you shoot video with your D300s?"

WildIsle Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010
Sat 27-Oct-12 04:31 PM | edited Sat 27-Oct-12 04:34 PM by WildIsle

Shooting video with a D300s or any DSLR is a blast and gives fantastic results. Once you get a few of the basics down (eg: using a neutral density filter to force the shutter speed, nailing focus and locking exposure come to mind) the results can be very good indeed.

You've got the full line-up of Nikkor lenses to work with allowing creative possibilities that a camcorder can only dream off.

I'm no expert by any means but maybe that is testament itself to how good DSLR videography is? You already know your camera from still shooting, video becomes a very natural step.

Last year I shot this full series of videos with a D300s - with no training and little previous video experience.

http://www.youtube.com/user/quadraislandtourism

Having said that, I did add a D5100 to my kit for the improved video capabilities. I found that I still enjoyed using the D300s because of the heavier build and feel of the body and I have a loupe for the 300 which is very useful for focusing in harsh light.

Philip

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Do you shoot video with your D300s? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Mon 15-Oct-12 09:07 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Do you shoot video with your D300s?