Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Do you shoot video with your D300s?

phwayne3966

Boulder, US
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Do you shoot video with your D300s?"

phwayne3966 Registered since 08th Aug 2012
Wed 24-Oct-12 03:14 AM

I occasionally shoot video and have been very satisfied with the quality. A few things you should review about the settings:

1)There are TWO live view modes, Hand Held and Tripod. They operate video very differently, so review the manual (P58,59). In summary: Tripod mode - you can select the aperture. Camera can also AF during recording, or preset focus using the AF Button.
Hand Held mode - Camera selects shutter/aperature. No AF during the recording

2)Movie Settings:
Under "Movie Settings> Quality" you have 3 options:
1280 x 720
640 x 424
320 x 216

I find the 320 is rather fair and only good for small sized movie images. I would not use this setting
640 - is very good
1280 is excellent, but creates huge movie files.

The internal mike work well, as long as the subject or sound is close enough to the camera. The camera has an external mike jack, and I do use an external mike, mounted on the hot-shoe. Helps a lot on sound.

A topic tagged as having a question Do you shoot video with your D300s? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Mon 15-Oct-12 09:07 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Do you shoot video with your D300s?