Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 & CompactFlash Card Question

Floridian

Tallahassee, Florida, US
2937 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D300 & CompactFlash Card Question"

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007
Sun 14-Oct-12 07:08 PM

This doesn't sound right to me. When my D300 fills the card, the camera won't take any more photos. I don't think there's any way the camera would overwrite photos that are already on the card.

Here are two hypotheses on what might have happened:

1. You thought your card was almost full, but you reformatted it, or downloaded photos to your computer, so even though you thought there were photos on the card, there really were no photos there.

2. The camera numbers photos sequentially, starting with 0001 and goes up to 9999. When it hits 9999 it creates a new directory on the card and starts with 0001 in the new directory. So, maybe that happened to you and you didn't notice that the old photos were still there, but in a different directory.

Are either of those a possibility?

Randy

A general, generic topic D300 & CompactFlash Card Question [View all] , Robes Silver Member , Sun 14-Oct-12 03:09 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 & CompactFlash Card Question