Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
RABaker

Sunnyvale, US
731 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D200 vs d300s"

RABaker Registered since 01st Oct 2003
Mon 08-Oct-12 04:38 PM

I can only state what my thinking is... I have owned the D200 since the day it was released in the US. When the D300 came out (and later the D300s) I looked at the specs and the sample images available and decided that, although there were definite improvements, the improvements in image quality were not enough to make it worthwhile for me to upgrade. Although the autofocus system seemed to be a significant improvement over the D200, my camera was working fine for the images I was capturing - again, no real incentive to upgrade. There were other improvements but none of them, even in combination, provided a compelling reason to spend the cash for a newer camera. As always, your mileage may vary. As a side note: My D200 takes pictures today just as well as it did when it was new and since I have learned more about how to use Photoshop the final results are even better than they used to be.

I think you need to evaluate your experience with the D200. Where is it letting you down? In what way is it holding you back? How is the D200 preventing you from capturing the images you want? Once you have done this evaluation you will know what you need in a new camera body to achieve the results you are after. When you know what you need in a new camera you can then evaluate the D300s or D600 (or any other camera) to determine whether it has the features and/or performance that you need.

Good luck,
Richard

A general, generic topic D200 vs d300s [View all] , lgasaway Silver Member , Mon 08-Oct-12 01:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D200 vs d300s