Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Upgrade from d200"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Sun 07-Oct-12 01:44 PM

I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a more professional camera. The last of the professional DX bodies is the D2Xs. It's a wonderful camera and is an upgrade to the D200. But it isn't state of the art in performance such as resolution and low light noise performance. Since you want to stay with a DX body your choice at the moment is really only the D7000 from a performance standpoint. You can also get a grip for it which makes it closer to pro body size. I consider it a Prosumer camera being used by pros because of it's performance. I'm discounting the D5100 and D3200 because they aren't meant to be pro cameras because of their lack of some pro features such as auto focus with D lenses. I would guess the best upgrade would be the D400 if and when it gets released. It will probably have a 24mp sensor with improved noise performance and features more like the D800. We may see more info on release dates this winter if you don't mind waiting a bit.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Upgrade from d200 [View all] , lgasaway Silver Member , Sun 07-Oct-12 05:33 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Upgrade from d200