Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Drbee

Naperville, US
5927 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Noise in D200"

Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004
Fri 05-Oct-12 12:15 AM

Hi Chris,

I used a D200 for a long time and it was a great camera. Much of my work involves low light and like you, I ran into some noise problems. However the "chroma noise" looks much worse on the monitor than it did in prints.

Some of the "tricks" that I used to extend my D200 usage were quite elementary but together allowed me to keep on shooting.

o> I spent a lot of time with Brian Peterson's book on exposure. I moved most of my metering to "spot" mode and learned more about "exposing to the right".

o> Noise seems to really pop up in the blue channel. Avoiding fluorescent lighting helped somewhat. I stated using a SB800 with color balancing gels and that also helped. Custom white balance helped in many situations along with the better exposure techniques (above).

o> For a while I used Noise Ninja but found the "noise" sliders in LightRoom to be equally useful and a lot more straight forward.

Roger
It's still, ISO, aperture and shutter-speed, right?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Noise in D200 [View all] , ChrisRyan1 , Thu 04-Oct-12 04:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Noise in D200