Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Do you think the D400 will have the af-on button?

MotoMannequin

Livermore, CA, US
8582 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Do you think the D400 will have the af-on button?"

MotoMannequin Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Registered since 11th Jan 2006
Mon 15-Oct-12 09:15 PM

It's worth noting that on the D7000 & D600, you can program the AF-L/AE-L button to act as AF-ON. The only reason I can see this causing a problem is if you use AE-L/AF-L in conjunction with AF-ON, because on D7000/D600 you can't have both. While some here do work that way, I've never used the AE-L button so I don't mind losing this feature to gain AF-ON.

I'm a long-time dedicated AF-ON'er and have D7000 configured like this, and peacefully coexisting for nearly two years with my D300s and more recently D800. IMO the lack of AF-ON is completely overblown.

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

This is a hot, active topic! Do you think the D400 will have the af-on button? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Tue 02-Oct-12 08:20 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Do you think the D400 will have the af-on button?