Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
RABaker

Sunnyvale, US
731 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: DOF?"

RABaker Registered since 01st Oct 2003
Mon 17-Sep-12 06:49 PM

Tim,

It is a little hard to judge from the relatively small image posted here, but it appears to me that both fawns and the plants slightly beyond the fawns are within the DOF. Since I would judge the farthest fawn and the plants to be more than 5.3 feet behind the buck, I would guess that your lens actually focused on a distance somewhat farther away than his shoulder. If I'm correct, it would explain why his nose is more out of focus than would be expected. Check your original file and try to determine how far back the DOF extends; you can also attempt to judge the near limit of the DOF from the grasses in the foreground. Once you think you have determined the front and back limit of the DOF range, you should (hopefully) be able to estimate where in the frame the lens actually focused.

Good luck,
Richard

A topic tagged as having a question DOF? [View all] , timpsm , Mon 17-Sep-12 04:20 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: DOF?