Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

thinking of selling

Drbee

Naperville, US
5927 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: thinking of selling"

Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004
Mon 10-Sep-12 09:21 PM

Well if you have a D3s, then don't sweat selling the D300. Get the compact you want and if that doesn't work out, get a D600 and use the same D3s lenses - maybe add a 35mm f/2 AIS (if you like that kind of stuff) and you'll have a nicely sized very capable camera/lens combo that will certainly outperform a compact, except go in your pocket.

My walkabout lens on FX(D700) is either the 35mm f/2 AIS or 35mm f/1.4 AFS. I like the 35mm FOV, see below.

My travel camera is a X100. It's superb. I used it with a LX3 to add some zoom capability, but have decided to "upgrade" the LX3 to a X10. The X100 so far takes way better images than the X10, but the X10 is quite capable and does have a 28-110 equiv zoom. That makes it a useful adjunct to the X100. I'll be sticking with the X10 for some time. I was able to get good snaps of my grandchildren racing around on their bikes and scooters so it can handle moving objects pretty well. I like the zoom range. The optical finder is good for street snaps, but you will loose some since it doesn't have any optical-finder-tunnel indication of focus, etc - just clear glass. You can broaden the AF spot sensitivity or rely on face recognition. It's really pretty slick. I have used it successfully in hyper-focal mode for snaps. Again quite useful.

IMO there isn't an everything compact (yet?!).

Roger
It's still, ISO, aperture and shutter-speed, right?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic thinking of selling [View all] , click74 , Sun 09-Sep-12 04:20 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: thinking of selling