Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Oil spotlets on sensor filters

Bert Shelton

Glenview, US
44 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Oil spotlets on sensor filters"

Bert Shelton Registered since 19th Jun 2012
Sun 02-Sep-12 03:14 PM | edited Sun 02-Sep-12 03:29 PM by Bert Shelton

Thanks for your very useful comments, James, and for the tip about the relevant thread in the D700 Forum, which, of course I have carefully read. The impression I get from that thread is that successful sensor filter cleaning takes a lot more perseverance and practice than the cleaning kit suppliers would have one to believe, and it uses up a lot more material than they indicate!

So I had another more determined go, and eventually got a very clean 300s.

I am surprised, however, that only you and I, and no-one in that thread, mention oil droplets being sprayed onto the sensor filter. If I have this oil droplet problem on 3 out of 3 Nikon DSLR bodies, produced years apart, surely the issue must be quite widespread.

It's too bad, by the way, that we don't have a forum on "Nikon DSLR Bodies - General". I planted my question, more or less at random in this forum, for lack of a more appropriate forum, and the same was the case for the thread posted in the D700 forum - there is nothing critically unique about cleaning any one DSLR body model.

Other Nikonians interested in this non-model-specific subject may never find either of these threads, being buried under fora that they do not monitor because they do not own the titled camera bodies.

A general, generic topic Oil spotlets on sensor filters [View all] , Bert Shelton , Sat 01-Sep-12 02:00 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Oil spotlets on sensor filters