Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Maximum Size Prints for Nikon 300

wsmorgan3

Columbia, US
36 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Maximum Size Prints for Nikon 300"

wsmorgan3 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Mar 2004
Sat 01-Sep-12 03:40 AM

Excellent responses. I was reluctant to post this question, but was curious to find out what other Nikonians had found. Surprisingly, I once produced some extremely sharp images as large as 32" X 48" and sold them using my previous 6.1 megapixel D100s. I'm finding that -- when taking the appropriate steps, i.e., using a tripod, remote, locking the mirror and finding the sweetspot of my lenses, that I'm usually able to get sharp prints up to 32" X 48" using my D300s and D300. As usual, my fellow Nikonians explained a few things that I did not know about re-sizing, etc. I'm wearing reading glasses now, and I guess I don't trust my eyes when I look at my prints. I believe my glasses tend to magnify my prints and show pixels that aren't necessarily visible with the naked eye. Thanks everyone.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Maximum Size Prints for Nikon 300 [View all] , wsmorgan3 Silver Member , Tue 28-Aug-12 11:00 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Maximum Size Prints for Nikon 300