Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Halt production of the D400 !!! D300 design flaw ?

Drbee

Naperville, US
5927 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Halt production of the D400 !!! D300 design flaw ?"

Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004
Wed 25-Jul-12 09:38 PM

Mine also cost a fortune, but it is some of the most durable tape I've ever used. It also removed without leaving any residue. I was able to put up some electrical decorations in my entry way on the side opposite the electrical outlet. Taping a piece of durable plastic flashing over the cord allowed foot traffic to pass without tripping, damaging the electrical cord and removed without leaving a residue. I'm now keeping an extra roll around to be sure I don't ever run out.

When used to tape a lens barrel so that the focus collar doesn't move, I've never had any residue left that could attract dust, etc. I do periodically clean all my lenses, externally as optically, but I have a great deal of confidence in using gaffer's tape when I need something durable and non-destructive.

My wife also uses it to tape down shields over expensive carpet when we've had a very in-climate turn of weather at a formal gathering. It saved a cleaning bill.

OTOH, I've never had black electrical tape that I've trusted to not contaminate a surface, over time and especially with heat, the adhesive becomes unreliable. It's not meant to be residue free, it is meant to be flexible and pliable. That said, I also have a bunch of gray electrical tape wrapped around a tripod leg, but it's there to secure emergency rain gear if needed - e.g. a black garbage bag in the bottom of my camera bag.

Roger
It's still, ISO, aperture and shutter-speed, right?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Halt production of the D400 !!! D300 design flaw ? [View all] , TheMohaveKid , Mon 16-Jul-12 05:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Halt production of the D400 !!! D300 design flaw ?