Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 Issue. Any ideas?

nrothschild

US
10916 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D300 Issue. Any ideas?"

nrothschild Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Registered since 25th Jul 2004
Mon 16-Jul-12 02:57 PM

I talked about a similar problem of image file corruption here.

My case was a little different, and turned out to most likely be a bad eSata cable between my file server PC and an external storage box. My problem was a random flipped bit here and there in just a very few image files. In your case, you appear to be missing a string of bits, which is offsetting the image in addition to the RGB color transpositions that raw file corruption tends to create. I assume these are raw files?

Anything in between the camera buffer and the final disk storage could corrupt a file (in principle). If it were me, I would first determine if the image on the card is corrupted. It may not be corrupted, it may just be the image on your hard drive.

As I mentioned in my thread, I use a Windows app called BeyondCompare (BC). I would copy the contents of the card to the hard drive, then use BC to bit compare the contents of the hard drive folder(s) to the actual card. You may need to modify your workflow to avoid renaming files or adding IPTC or XMP data, for example.

There are other bit comparison tools out there; this is just the one I use. If you are on a MAC then you need to find some other tool.

If images are corrupted but the hard drive files are identical to the camera card files then you know it is happening in camera. Otherwise you need to start investigating the hardware chain.

my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! D300 Issue. Any ideas? [View all] , Bulgakov , Sun 08-Jul-12 10:18 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 Issue. Any ideas?
                    Reply message RE: D300 Issue. Any ideas? My issue solved!