Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 Issue. Any ideas?

cwils02

HIXSON, US
826 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D300 Issue. Any ideas?"

cwils02 Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2012
Mon 09-Jul-12 02:19 PM

Woa! Deja Vu--well almost.

In 2005 (I was using either a D80 or D300) I did a day's shooting at Grand Canyon. I was using a top of the line--at the time--Lexar CF. Most of the files on that CF were corrupt. The ones that I could read showed parts of multiple shots on one image. I sent the CF to Lexar, and they recovered most of the images.

I did not have the funky color problem. To me that would suggest either a failing CF, buffer problems, connection problems, etc. Not sure that there is any software that could reconstruct your images without the color striations.

I am assuming from the image content that you were not using a high frame rate, which might eliminate buffer problems being the culprit.

How many actuations on this D300. What is the brand and model of your CF?

I always use either top of the line SanDisk or Lexar CF/SD/SDHC, etc. It amazes me how much many on here spend for their camera bodies, lenses, tripods, heads, brackets, grips, etc. and then scrimp on memory cards. I have never had another problem since 2005. Just knocked on wood.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! D300 Issue. Any ideas? [View all] , Bulgakov , Sun 08-Jul-12 10:18 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 Issue. Any ideas?
                    Reply message RE: D300 Issue. Any ideas? My issue solved!