Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Stuck in Flash Mode Select

noneco

Vancouver, CA
307 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Stuck in Flash Mode Select - fixed"

noneco Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 12th May 2009
Fri 06-Jul-12 06:54 PM

Dropped off my D300 on June 24 and picked it up on July 5, a very reasonable turn around. The symptom was being locked in “Flash Mode Selection”. The real problem was a failure of the “Aperature Operation”. It was explained to me that when the computer senses the failure of a major system it limits what operations are available. In my case, only the Flash Mode selection and the shutter at f/22 were available.

As a part of the repair all of the grip covers were replaced as there are wires attached to them which are broken when the body is opened. The sensor was cleaned and the firmware was upgraded.

So I’m off to Stanley Park to enjoy some shooting in the summer - which I believe is scheduled for this weekend before we go into fall.

Cal

A general, generic topic Stuck in Flash Mode Select [View all] , noneco Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Sat 23-Jun-12 11:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Stuck in Flash Mode Select
Reply message RE: Stuck in Flash Mode Select - fixed
     Reply message RE: Stuck in Flash Mode Select - fixed