Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Bought a new (used) D200 with a hot pixel. Need some ad...

sringsmuth

US
36 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Bought a new (used) D200 with a hot pixel. Need some advice."

sringsmuth Registered since 10th May 2012
Mon 18-Jun-12 03:44 PM

Wow, thanks so much for all the input, everyone. I've decided to suck it up and keep the camera, and here's what was ultimately the deciding factor: I went back and looked at some photos my friend took a few months when he was showing us his D200. He's been shooting with it for a long time and, sure enough, there were two hot pixels in every photo he took. This guy does photography and graphics work for a living, and here he had hot pixels on his camera just like mine did. His camera isn't perfect, but it has clearly worked out just fine for him. So mine will probably be just fine for me.

I really appreciate all the information you guys have given me, and I just bought Aperture last week so I will be using that to do some easy touch-ups if the hot pixels really bother me. Or I can try Alan's method: shoot in RAW and open them up in ACR and see if they go away automatically

A general, generic topic Bought a new (used) D200 with a hot pixel. Need some ad... [View all] , sringsmuth , Thu 14-Jun-12 07:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Bought a new (used) D200 with a hot pixel. Need som...