Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Bought a new (used) D200 with a hot pixel. Need some ad...

michaelhager

Fountain Inn, US
2284 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Bought a new (used) D200 with a hot pixel. Need some advice."

michaelhager Gold Member Nikonian since 15th Feb 2007
Fri 15-Jun-12 07:12 PM

I guess the real question is, How bad is it? I have a couple of hot or stuck pixels in my D300. They showed up well after the warranty was up and I'm not willing to pay what it costs to get them mapped out of the sensor.

Since I know where they are, I can always find them, but they only really show up in dark backgrounds areas and they're easy to fix in post. With all the millions of pixels in an image, when you print the image do they really show up? Most of the time I ignore them. sometimes when they're obvious I simply clone them out of the image. I don't consider it a big deal, and I probably wouldn't return a used camera because of it.

It is simply part-and-parcel of using digital cameras.

C. Michael Hager
Your most important piece of photo equipment is built into your face.
www.cmhager.com/Content/photo.shtml

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Bought a new (used) D200 with a hot pixel. Need some ad... [View all] , sringsmuth , Thu 14-Jun-12 07:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Bought a new (used) D200 with a hot pixel. Need som...