Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Bought a new (used) D200 with a hot pixel. Need some ad...

sringsmuth

US
36 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Bought a new (used) D200 with a hot pixel. Need some advice."

sringsmuth Registered since 10th May 2012
Thu 14-Jun-12 09:54 PM

About a month and a half ago I bought a used D200, with E+ rating, from Adorama. It had 20K shutter activations and worked great, until I noticed a hot pixel. In every image, there was a fluorescent green pixel that would not go away. Happened no matter the image quality settings and no matter whether it was RAW or JPG. So I sent it back and got another new (used) E+ D200 from Adorama which I still have. It only had 200 activations (basically brand new) but again, there was a hot pixel. Not in exactly the same spot, and nothing that a casual observer would notice, but since I know about it I find it difficult to ignore.

In searching online I've found that this is apparently a common issue with DSLR cameras. Most people like Ken Rockwell just ignore it and fix it in Photoshop if they really need to:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/hot-pixels/index.htm

I'm wondering if other users here have any advice or information on what to do. From what I've read, these sorts of things can come and go and even if I sent this second camera back and got another one with no hot pixels, it could develop the problem over time. It's really not that big of a deal for me, but I'm curious what others have done when faced with this issue.

A general, generic topic Bought a new (used) D200 with a hot pixel. Need some ad... [View all] , sringsmuth , Thu 14-Jun-12 07:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Bought a new (used) D200 with a hot pixel. Need som...