Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Sign up Login
Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

End of DX as we now know it?


This topic is locked. This message is locked.
nrothschild

US
10916 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: End of DX as we now know it?"

nrothschild Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Registered since 25th Jul 2004
Thu 07-Jun-12 10:02 AM

Hi Perrone,

There is much I want to say about the questions raised in your last post but I do not have the time this morning because I am going to hunt down a nesting Prothonotary Warbler this morning and shoot it like a dog . (I hope, if my friend is right). I want to ask you one question, and your answer will help me frame an answer to the other issues.

>> D800 2853
>> D4 2965
>> D3X 1992
>> D3S 3253
>> D3 2290
>> D7000 1167
>> D3200 1131
>> D300S 787

The numbers above are the DXO numbers for each camera. Please explain to me, in the context of DXO's protocol, exactly what is the significance of ISO 2853 to the D800. And please explain to me exactly what happens at ISO 2854 (or really, say ISO 3200). Similarly what happens when the D3s ISO is boosted above ISO 3253.

_________________________________
Neil


my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot topic  It has been locked by a team member End of DX as we now know it? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Sat 26-May-12 05:09 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
1
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
2
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
3
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
4
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
5
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
20
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
6
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
7
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
8
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
9
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
12
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
10
Reply message Who knows?
11
Reply message RE: Who knows?
13
     Reply message RE: Who knows?
14
          Reply message Hmm...
15
               Reply message RE: Hmm...
21
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
16
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
17
     Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
18
          Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
19
          Reply message Yes Neil...
22
          Reply message RE: Yes Neil...
23
          Reply message RE: Yes Neil...
24
          Reply message RE: Yes Neil...
25
          Reply message RE: Yes Neil...
26
          Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
27
               Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
28
               Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
29
                    Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
30
                    Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
34
                         Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
35
                         Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
36
                         Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
38
                              Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
42
                                   Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
44
                                        Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
48
                         Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
37
                              Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
39
                                   Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
40
                                        Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
41
                                        Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
43
                                        Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
45
                                        Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
49
                    Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
33
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
31
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
32
     Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
46
          Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
47
          Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
50
               Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
52
                    Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
53
                         Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
54
                              Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
55
                                   Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
56
                                        Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
57
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
58
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
59
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
60
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
61
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
62
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
63
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
64
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
65
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
66
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
67
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
68
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
69
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
70
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
71
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
72
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
73
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
74
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
75
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
77
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
78
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
79
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
80
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
81
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
82
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
92
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
95
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
97
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
98
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
99
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
100
                                             Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
76
                                             Reply message Ya think Neil?
84
                                             Reply message Here's what I think, Jim...
85
                                             Reply message RE: Here's what I think, Jim...
94
                                             Reply message RE: Here's what I think, Jim...
96
                                             Reply message This is one reason you are wrong, Jim...
86
                                             Reply message RE: This is one reason you are wrong, Jim...
89
                                             Reply message RE: This is one reason you are wrong, Jim...
90
                                             Reply message RE: This is one reason you are wrong, Jim...
91
                                             Reply message RE: This is one reason you are wrong, Jim...
93
                                             Reply message I thought you could always back up Neil...
101
                                             Reply message I believe I suggested...
102
                                             Reply message RE: I believe I suggested...
103
                                             Reply message I find it strange Neil...
104
                                             Reply message Because...
105
                                             Reply message And another reason...
87
                                             Reply message And another... from 2 days before
88
          Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
51
               Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it?
83
Reply message RE: End of DX as we now know it? - Thread locked
106