Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Dirty sensor on a D200

RABaker

Sunnyvale, US
731 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Dirty sensor on a D200"

RABaker Registered since 01st Oct 2003
Sat 26-May-12 05:50 PM

Mp,

I'm with Alan here - clean only when necessary. I use the same lens changing procedures that you do. The only additional thing I could mention is that I once read in an article that there was a benefit to storing the camera sitting upright or with the sensor facing down - to avoid storing the camera with the sensor facing up. I have no real evidence that this has helped, but I have had my D200 since December 2005 and I have used the damp swab cleaning method only once (about 6 months ago). I found that simply using a Giottos Rocket blower on the sensor occasionally would remove the easily-visible dust spots. (I didn't worry too much about tiny spots off in the corners of the frame.) It wasn't until a few months ago that I finally got a stubborn bit of dust near the center of the frame and so I had to resort to the swab method.

Of course, it is also entirely possible that I shoot a lot less than you do and my sensor is exposed to less dust.

Good luck,
Richard Baker

A general, generic topic Dirty sensor on a D200 [View all] , pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Sat 26-May-12 02:08 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Dirty sensor on a D200