Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My issue with Nikon and the "D400"...

Hotswimmer

St. Paul, US
384 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: My issue with Nikon and the "D400"..."

Hotswimmer Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Apr 2008
Wed 02-May-12 12:24 AM | edited Wed 02-May-12 12:26 AM by Hotswimmer

I understand what you're saying, Arthur, but really, this phenomenon isn't at all unique to cameras - a lot of high-technology equipment is like this, and electronic gear in particular. Cell phones, computers, TV's are only a few examples of consumer goods that follow a similar profile. It hasn't been that long since cell phones were the size of a brick and all they did was make phone calls. Now, you have people perfectly willing to throw away a $400 Iphone that they bought just 2 years ago so they can have the privilege of spending an equal amount on the latest one, and a day later, be whining about everything they're going to have to wait for until Apple releases the next one, when even the one they had was a miracle by any standard of measure. It's the world we live in.

Anyway, I'm the opposite of you, Arthur; I love my D300 and it's all the camera I'll need for a very long time. It's still fun watching people dialogue about the new stuff, though, and exciting to see what Nikon comes up with. Bring on the D400, in whatever form it takes.

This is a hot, active topic! My issue with Nikon and the "D400"... [View all] , Jim Pearce Silver Member , Mon 23-Apr-12 08:20 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My issue with Nikon and the "D400"...
Reply message The D800 looks like a great camera to me...
     Reply message High resolution and high fps may not be so compatible.....
          Reply message RE: High resolution and high fps may not be so compatib...
               Reply message The D800 is 4 fps at full resolution Marty...
                    Reply message RE: The D800 is 4 fps at full resolution Marty...
                         Reply message RE: The D800 is 4 fps at full resolution Marty...
                              Reply message FX is maxing out every bit as much as DX...
Reply message They want people to "upgrade" to FX...
                    Reply message Quite frankly Arthur...
                                                  Reply message Your premise is your conclusion Neil...
                                                  Reply message RE: Your premise is your conclusion Neil...
                                                  Reply message RE: Your premise is your conclusion Neil...
                                                  Reply message No Neil, I don't shoot FX...
Reply message Here's part of what I'll say to Gerard tomorrow Neil...
     Reply message RE: Here's part of what I'll say to Gerard tomorrow Nei...
          Reply message Well, we'll see Richard...