Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What metering system do you usually use?

grizzly200

Solano County, California, US
707 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What metering system do you usually use?"

grizzly200 Registered since 18th Dec 2011
Sun 22-Apr-12 06:22 PM | edited Sun 22-Apr-12 06:23 PM by grizzly200

About like you--matrix usually, and spot for high contrast situations where I need a certain something in the frame in perfect exposure. Never center weighted--I have used center weighted metering in cameras for 40 years--because it was all I had--what there was in most SLR's I owned.

The 60/40 center weighting in my FM was OK in most situations, but I used a hand-held spot meter much of the time, or took an overall reading on the subject and compensated mentally for what I actually wanted exposed perfectly. Then I had to hope that when Costco or somebody developed my negatives, they would come out the way I wanted them.

James

A topic tagged as a poll/survey What metering system do you usually use? [View all] , trolley , Sun 22-Apr-12 01:19 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What metering system do you usually use?