Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
robsb

San Jose, US
14952 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Active D- Lighting - recreating ADL in post"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006
Sat 04-Feb-12 01:25 AM

The fact that you had the interest to do the tests is what makes Nikonians worth the money. Both Thom and Nikon provided correct info, but I was never driven to question it and only would pop up my head when people would state things about ADL which I knew were not true based on the info provided to me. I too think the ADL low approach is kind of the best of both worlds as turning it off in post leaves you unharmed. I am still surprised that the exposure is not corrected when higher ADL settings were used and then turned off in post but that is easy to correct, but it sounds like Nikon did not properly implement the shutoff code, as logically it should remove the exposure adjustment for all ADL implementations when you turn it off in post.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!
Old age is a special gift that very few receive. Be thankful if you get it.

This is a hot, active topic! Active D- Lighting [View all] , ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Thu 02-Feb-12 09:10 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Active D- Lighting
Reply message RE: Active D- Lighting - sample files
Reply message RE: Active D- Lighting - recreating ADL in post
                              Reply message RE: Active D- Lighting - next steps