Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need to change out D200 what to do?

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4954 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Need to change out D200 what to do?"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Thu 25-Aug-11 02:14 PM

It must be tough for Nikon, in today's hyper-competitive business world. I believe their senior executives recognise the challenge and are working on faster iterative ability. One of their top brass (president?) made a public statement last year about the need to produce new models more quickly.

Of course the speed of iteration tends to be quickest at the bottom of the line and unfortunately slowest at the top. Sheesh, given the release of the Sony A77 yesterday (and the 7D a couple years back), Nikon had best be coming with a great D400. I trust they will.

I'd have to say I agree that at the D300 and D700 level of the line up, Nikon will have to increase their speed of iteration. It is simply too competitive out there!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic Need to change out D200 what to do? [View all] , photographerdave , Wed 17-Aug-11 01:36 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need to change out D200 what to do?