Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Multi Selector on D300 - Replacement problem .... HELP ...

WashCamBox

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Multi Selector on D300 - Replacement problem .... HELP !"

WashCamBox Registered since 27th Dec 2011
Sun 01-Jan-12 08:10 PM

Yes I know that this thread is old, but this was the one reason I signed up for this forum.

Inherited a D300 with the selector switch broken off. Ordered a replacement online, remove the two screws that removed the plate which also held the lock ring in place.

Used some watch repair tools to pick at the remaing plastic stuck in the brass ball, got it to a point where I just yanked it out along with the brass coupling ring under it.

Removed all the old broken plastic, put the coupling rings (there are 2, one is more fragile than the other) back in and then the ball. yeah, it's hard but go easy and it pops in.

Put the lock ring and metal bracket back in and then the new selector button. Had to adjust it a couple of times to make sure the couple ring holes were visible under the brass ball and pressed the button into.

Pressed it a few more times to make sure it was properly seated and got it worked again.

This seemed like an easy fix but could have gone wrong. But the camera itself was free and a $10 part gave me a second body to use otherwise I would have just sent it into Nikon.

A general, generic topic Multi Selector on D300 - Replacement problem .... HELP ... [View all] , tamrokin , Tue 29-Jun-10 12:46 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Multi Selector on D300 - Replacement problem .... H...