Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 DC power IN connector

jimsanders

Buffalo, US
964 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D300 DC power IN connector "

jimsanders Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2008
Mon 14-Dec-09 01:27 PM

Have you considered using a power inverter? Since you are willing to use a 12v battery, a 12v DC-to-AC inverter in conjunction with an EH-5a seems like it would do the trick.

The power draw would be quite low so a smaller unit should work. I'd try an inverter with clamps (as opposed to only having a cigarette lighter plug) to connect it to the battery. Here is an example:
http://www.dcacpowerinverters.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=PW200-12

These units are pretty easy to find. In addition to online, auto parts stores, WalMart, kmart, etc., all carry them in various sizes.

The unit I have has a couple of cables that I can choose from to connect to my 12v source. I can use the cigarette lighter adapter cable or a cable with clamps. During a power failure last year that lasted several days I used it to charge my cell phone and laptop batteries. I'll never be without one again.

A general, generic topic D300 DC power IN connector [View all] , spiker26 , Mon 14-Dec-09 05:21 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 DC power IN connector