Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 DC power IN connector

spiker26

AU
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D300 DC power IN connector "

spiker26 Registered since 27th Jan 2009
Mon 14-Dec-09 06:21 AM

D300 - Night photography (star-trails etc) is demanding on the camera batteries, even though I use a EL4a 2200mA/hr grip battery with the normal EN-EL3e 1500mA/hr in parallel, I only get about 3 or 4 hrs battery life, despite both being fully charged at the onset. I take about 60 pictures @ 1min expose and @10 sec intervals. The camera then goes into ‘standby’ mode for the remainder of the night. (I am in bed). In the morning both batteries are so flat that even the control panel is dead.
First question is: is that normal or should I expect longer power supply?
Second question is: I want to supply the D300 via a 12VDC-7.5VDC cable from a 12V battery but need a plug for the DC-IN socket. Does anybody know where to buy such a socket? Item 11 on page 4 of the user manual.
I don’t want to use the 110/240V AC adapter EH-5a, as I do not have AC power available in the field.
Any advice on these questions would be very much appreciated.
Thank you

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D300 DC power IN connector [View all] , spiker26 , Mon 14-Dec-09 05:21 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 DC power IN connector