Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 LiveView = Mirror Lock-up (?)

bigadz

AU
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D300 LiveView = Mirror Lock-up (?)"

bigadz Registered since 04th Aug 2006
Mon 21-Apr-08 12:36 PM

I've searched and found my question almost answered on this forum, but then I find seemingly conflicting posts. So I'll ask my question directly:

Question: Are either (or both) of the LiveView modes on the D300 effectively a mirror lock-up mode?

I'm waiting for my D300 to arrive, an upgrade from my D70. I do a lot of macro photography with the beautiful 105VR Macro lens and I'm seriously looking forward to the mirror lock-up feature (that is not present at all on the D70.)

However I note that the shooting dial, LV and ML modes are mutually exclusive. (And I've read discussions on this forum about this.) But despite this, both LV modes work with the mirror locked up, do they not? Surely the mirror does not rattle about at the moment you take the shot?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can put my mind at rest.

A topic tagged as having a question D300 LiveView = Mirror Lock-up (?) [View all] , bigadz , Mon 21-Apr-08 10:36 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 LiveView = Mirror Lock-up (?)